Rocket Lawyer Review Summary
Rocket Lawyer is an online platform that has a team of licensed attorneys who offer legal advice and aim to resolve all your legal needs.
Rocket Lawyer has assisted over 20 million consumers with various legal matters, and it is now a leading online law firm.
Their aim is to make legal services more accessible and affordable to the general public.
- Rocket Lawyer offers an impressive array of legal documents and legal services that cover many aspects of daily life, so it's highly likely they have what you are looking for.
- There is a seven-day free trial of their premium membership during which you can access all their features before wholly committing to the service.
- Their team is made up of licensed attorneys who specialize in a multitude of different legal topics.
- The site is straightforward and easy to use.
- Rocket Lawyer is quite expensive when compared with their competitors.
- Becoming a member means you have access to all of Rocket Lawyer's legal services, but you may only need their services once instead of consistently.
Who Should Use Rocket Lawyer?
Rocket Lawyer is a reliable and affordable option for anyone who requires consistent access to low-level legal advice and legal documents.
Their legal document catalog covers almost every foreseeable legal situation and at $39.99 per month, it's far cheaper than paying a lawyer to draft these documents for you every time you need them.
Who Should NOT Use Rocket Lawyer?
Rocket Lawyer is not a good fit for anyone who does not foresee requiring consistent access to legal documents and advice.
Their $39.99 fee is cheap for a consistent user, but if you only access their services a few times a year, you can find cheaper options.
All Things Considered
Rocket Lawyer impresses with its vast range of legal services accessible online to many more people. Even though this one is more expensive than other options, their professional service is commendable and customers will not be disappointed when making use of any of Rocket Lawyer’s services.
Rocket Lawyer's Services
Rocket Lawyer's services can be broken down into three distinct categories:
- Online legal documents
- Attorney services
- Business services
Here is a breakdown of those three different services with our assessment of each.
Service 1: Online Legal Documents Basics
Rocket Lawyer has a vast array of tailored legal documents. When you log in you are able to access a multitude of different documents, depending on what your exact requirements are.
Rocket Lawyer gives you the ability to source, complete, edit, and sign various online legal documents with their online assistance. They will help you source the most appropriate documents and then lead you through each step.
You can find the relevant document on their website, select it, and follow the simple step-by-step guide of how to fill it out with all the relevant information and the added bonus of a licensed attorney on standby to assist and take care of your needs.
What Legal Documents Does Rocket Lawyer Deal In?
Business-Related Documents and Contracts
Rocket Lawyer focuses on business-related documents and contracts and those that will ensure that you have the right paperwork for submission to the Secretary of State and other state entities. Rocket Lawyer has compiled a comprehensive list of all documents that may be required in your day-to-day business operations which can be selected at the click of a mouse button.
Here are all the different legal documents that Rocket Lawyer offers as a large part of their service:
Starting a Business
Forming an LLC
- LLC Operating Agreement
- Business Plan
- Limited Liability Company Worksheet
- Single Member LLC Operating Agreement
- Buy-Sell Agreement
- Founders’ Agreement
- Joiner Agreement
- Corporate Bylaws
- Articles of Incorporation worksheet
- Articles of Incorporation for California business entity planning worksheet
- Organizational Consent forms
- Certificate of Incorporation for Delaware
- Non-Profit Bylaws
- Form letter
- Non-Profit minutes
- Letter of Intent for Non-Profit Grant?
- Charitable Pledge Agreement
- Conflict of Interest Policy
- Donation receipt
- Fundraising letter
- Sponsorship letter
- Independent Contractor Agreement
- General contract for services
- Purchase Agreement
- Service Agreement
- Consulting Agreement
- Sales Contract
- Sales Agreement
- Consignment Agreement
- Referral Fee Agreement
- Purchase Order
- Exclusivity Agreement
- Finders Fee Agreement
- Supply Contract
- Broker Agreement
- Warranty Agreement
- Product Distribution Agreement
- Barter Agreement
- Retailer Agreement
- General Contract for Products
- Business Contract
- Partnership Agreement
- Letter of Agreement
- Memorandum of Understanding
- Business Proposal
- Joint Venture Agreement
- Collaboration Agreement
- Partnership Dissolution Agreement
- Limited Partnership Agreement
- Memorandum of Agreement
- Strategic Alliance Agreement
- Cooperation Agreement
- Partnership Agreement
- Co-Marketing Agreement
- Liquidation Agreement
- Course Partnership Agreement
- Release of Liability
- Hold Harmless Agreement
- General Liability Release of Claims
- Activity Release of Liability
- Indemnity Agreement
- Repair Release
- Incident Report
- Accident Report
- COVID-19 Liability Waiver
- COVID-19 Health Screening Form
- Return to Work Assistance
- Medical History Form
- Parental Consent Form
- Letter of Intent
- Response to IRS Notice
- Business Purchase Agreement
- Business Sale Agreement
- Franchise Agreement
- Asset Purchase Agreement
- Term Sheet
- Business Financial Statement
- Business Credit Application
- Response to IRS Penalty
- Business Loan Application
- Merger Agreement
- Sale of Business Assets Worksheet
- Franchise Purchase Agreement
- Coronavirus Government
- Relief Worksheet
- Requisition Form
Work with Investors
- Investors Agreement
- Stock Certificate
- Deal Letter
- Shareholder Agreement
- Stock Purchase Agreement
- Private Placement Memorandum
- Subscription Agreement
- Offering Memorandum
- Stock Repurchase Agreement
- Redemption Agreement
- Exit Agreement
- Shareholders Rights Agreement
- Private Equity Right of First Refusal Agreement
- Management Rights Agreement
- Shareholder Waiver
- Mechanic’s Lien
- Mechanic’s Lien Waiver
- Certificate of Final Completion
- Bid Form
- Request for Proposal
- Invitation to Bid
- Notice of Completion
- Application for Payment of Contract
- Notice to Proceed
- Bid Bond
- Certificate of Substantial Completion
- Joint Bid Agreement
- Payment Bond
- Completion Guarantee
- Non-collusion Affidavit
- Process Agreement
- Statement of Work
- Subcontractor Agreement
- Contractor Agreement
- Assignment Agreement
- Breach of Contract Notice
- Change Order
- Contract Extension Agreement
- Notice of Contract Default
- Transition Agreement
- Force Majeure Notice
Billing and Invoicing
- General Receipt
- 30-Day Past Due Letter
- Collection Letter
- Bad Check Notice
- Statement of Account
- 90-day Past Due Letter
- 60-Day Past Due Letter
- Revolving Credit Agreement
- Payment Plan
- Forbearance Agreement
- Corporate Minutes
- Corporate Resolution
- Board Resolution
- Certificate of Incumbency
- Notice of Meeting
- Corporate Proxy
- Waiver of Notice
- Unanimous Consent
- Business Fact Sheet
- Corporate Records
- Affidavit of Lost Corporate Document
- Voter Agreement
Start a Website
- Online Terms and Conditions
- Website Design Agreement
- Membership Agreement
- Web Hosting Agreement
- Domain Name Assignment
- Request to Link to Website
Advertise your Business
- Contest Rules
- Sweepstakes Rules
- Endorsement Agreement
- Insertion Order
- Declaration of Compliance and Release for Contest Rules
- Declaration of Compliance for Sweepstakes Rules
- Small business taxes
- Self employment taxes
- Tax audits
Employment and HR
- Employee Handbook
- Non Compete Agreement
- Company Cell Phone Policy
- Employee Manual
- Harassment Policy
- Employee Drug Testing Consent Form
- Corporate Credit Card Policy
- Email Policy
- Vacation Policy
- Day Care Policy Statement
- Employee Complaint Form
- Social Media Policy
- Non-disparagement Employment Agreement
- Anti-Discrimination Policy
- Employee Intervention Agreement
- Internet Policy
- Work from Home Policy
- Business Contingency Plan
- Emergency Action Plan
- Employee Non Disclosure Agreement
Compensation and Time Off
- Salary Verification Letter
- Commission Agreement
- Direct Deposit Form
- Employee Bonus Plan
- Leave of Absence
- Employee Retention Agreement
- Time Off Request
- Equity Incentive Plan
- Telecommuting Agreement
- Short-term Disabilities Agreement
- Work from Home Agreement
- Reimbursement Form
- Mileage Reimbursement Form
Maintain Personnel Files
- Letter of Recommendation
- Reference Letter
- Employment Verification Letter
- Employee Evaluation Form
- Employee Warning Letter
- Employment Information Release
- Work Injury Report
- Employee Tracker
- Resignation Letter
- Employment Reference Request
- Employment Acceptance Letter
- Request for a Raise
- 401k Rollover Request
- Request Help Toward Promotion
- Resignation of Director
- Resignation of Officer
- Resignation of Incorporator
- Two Weeks Notice Letter
- Parent-Teacher Conference Form
- Reference List
Make Personnel Changes
- Termination Letter
- Notice of Contract Termination
- Demotion Letter
- Employee Retirement Agreement
- Furlough Letter
- Recall to Work Letter
Recruiting and Hiring
- Employment Application
- Employment Offer Letter
- Work for Hire Agreement
- Consent to Background and Reference Check
- Employment Contract
- Employment Confirmation Letter
- Temporary Employment Contract
- Employment Agreement Amendment
- Job Posting Template
- Executive Employment Agreement
- Employment Rejection Letter
- Construction Contract
- Home Improvement Contract
- Painting Contract
- Roofing Contract
- Landscaping Contract
- Remodelling Contract
- Interior Design Contract
- HVAC Contract
- Flooring Contract
- Real Estate Development Agreement
- Construction Management Agreement
- Carpentry Contract
- Architect Contract
- Drywall Contract
- Performance Bond
- Warranty Bond
- Photography Contract
- Videography Contract
- Model Contract
- Recording Agreement
- Graphic Design Contract
- Musician Contract
- Talent Contract
- Editor Contract
- Web Development Agreement
- Artist-Agent Agreement
- Writing Contract
- Freelance Writer Contract
- Music Publishing Agreement
- Movie Production Agreement
- Personal Appearance Agreement
- Technical Writing Contract
- Wedding Photography Contract
- Event Photography Contract
- Marketing Agreement
- Sales Representative Contract
- IT Service Agreement
- Marketing Consulting Agreement
- Administrative Services Contract
- Management Services Agreement
- Accounting Contract
- Bookkeeping Contract
- Staffing Agency Contract
- Recruitment Agreement
- Advertising Agency Agreement
- Financial Services Agreement
- Social Media Contract
- Billing Services Contract
- Human Resources Contract
- Software Maintenance Agreement
- Software Support Contract
- Musical Performance Contract
- DJ Contract
- Catering Contract
- Vendor Agreement
- Wedding Planner Agreement
- Food Service Contract
- Bartending Contract
- Composer Agreement
- Limousine Service Contract
- Concession Agreement
- Valet Service Contract
- Lawn Service Contract
- Janitorial Contract
- Maintenance Contract
- Housekeeping Agreement
- Handyman Contract
- Repair Contract
- Electrical Service Agreement
- Computer Service Contract
- Plumbing Contract
- Pool Service Contract
- Auto Repair Contract
- Personal Training Agreement
- Attorney Engagement Letter
- Legal Services Agreement
- Real Estate Agent Agreement
- Physician Services Agreement
- Limited Scope Representation Agreement
- Unbundled Legal Services Agreement
- Tutoring Contract
- Homeschooling Contract
Care Provider Contracts
- Day Care Contract
- Nanny Agreement Home Health Care Contract
- Pet Sitting Contract
- Dog Walking Contract
- Day Care Authorization Form
- Pet Foster Care Agreement
- Trucking Contract
- Transportation Contract
- Moving Contract
- Manufacturing Contract
- Production Contract
- Shipping Agreement
- Fulfillment Services Agreement
- Fuel Supply Agreement
- Non-Disclosure Agreement
- Confidentiality Agreement
- Mutual Non-Disclosure Agreement
- Non-Circumvention Agreement
- Non-Disclosure Agreement – Beta Tester
- Confidential Information and Invention Assignment Agreement
- Cease and Desist Letter
- Copyright License Agreement
- Copyrights Notice
- Copyright Assignment
Releases and Licensing
- Photo Release
- License Agreement
- Model Release
- Video Release
- Royalty Agreement
- Music License Agreement
- Release for Use of Likeness
- End-uUser License Agreement
- Software License Agreement
- Location Release
- Manufacturing License Agreement
- Video Clearance
- Merchandising Agreement
- Copyright Request
- Extra Release
- Master Use License Agreement
- Product Placement Release
- Provisional Patent Application
- Patent Application Assignment Assignment
- Patent Assignment
- Invention Assignment Agreement
- Trademark Application Worksheet
- Trademark License Agreement
- Trademark Violation Letter
- Trademark Assignment
Rocket Lawyer also offers a variety of real-estate contracts and legal documents.
- Commercial Lease
- Farm Lease
- Facilities Rental Agreement
- Triple Net Lease
- Venue Rental Agreement
- Commercial Sublease
- Storage Space Lease Agreement
- Parking Space Lease
- Commercial Real Estate Lease with Option to Purchase
- Office Space Lease
- Restaurant Lease
- Billboard Lease
- Warehouse Lease
- Retail Space Lease
- Oil Lease
- Manufacturing Lease
- Gas Lease
- Sublease by Franchisor
- Rental Application
- Welcome Letter
- Co-Signer Agreement
- Renter’s Inspection Worksheet
- Security Deposit Receipt
- Move-In Letter
- Lead Disclosure Statement
- Pet Application Form for Rental
- Rent Receipt
- Late Rent Notice
- Landlord’s Notice of Non-Renewal
- Property Manager Agreement
- Security Deposit Return Letter
- Landlord’s Notice to Enter
- Security Deposit Refund Letter
- Notice of Abandoned Personal Property
- Late Rent Payment Agreement
- Move Out Inspection Checklist
- Tenant Repair Request
- Landlord’s Waiver
- Lease Subordination Agreement
- Tenant Maintenance Request
- Non-Disturbance Agreement
- Attornment Agreement
- Rent Payment Plan
- Maintenance Report Form
- Eviction Notice
- Eviction Process Worksheet
- Lease Agreement
- Home Rental Agreement
- Residential Lease
- Apartment Lease
- Rent to Own Agreement
- Month-to-Month Rental Agreement
- Lease with Option to Purchase
- Room Rental Agreement
- Simple Real Estate Lease
- Vacation Lease
- Condominium Lease
- Furnished Apartment Lease
- Timeshare LEase
- Pre-Rental Inspection Checklist
Amending a lease
- Sublease Agreement
- Lease Renewal Agreement
- Agreement to Cancel Lease
- Lease Agreement
- Lease Assignment
- Pet Addendum
- Consent to Sublease
- Lease Assumption Agreement
- Rent Increase Letter
Managing Real Estate
- Homeowners’ Association Proxy
- Tenants in Common Agreement
- Real Estate Easement Agreement
- Change of Address Letter
- Affidavit of Title
- Moving Checklist
- Home Inventory Worksheet
- Real Estate License Agreement
Buying or Selling
- Intent to Purchase Real Estate
- Real Estate Purchase Agreement
- Property Sale Agreement
- Earnest Money Agreement
- Home Purchase Worksheet
- Home Sale Worksheet
- Home Evaluation Worksheet
Real Estate Financing
- Contract of Deed
- Deed of Trust
- Mortgage Agreement
- Satisfaction of Mortgage
- Mortgage Deed
- Deed of Reconveyance
Property Title Transfers
- Quitclaim Deed
- Warranty Deed
- Transfer on Death Deed
- Grant Deed
- Special Warranty Deed
- Bargain and Sale Deed
Moving or Finding Roommates
- Roommate Agreement
- Cohabitation Agreement
- Roommate Release Agreement
- Pre-Rental Checklist
- Offer to Lease
- Co-Tenancy Agreement
Communicating with Your Landlord
- Tenant’s Notice to Terminate Tenancy
- Complaint to Landlord
- Tenant’s Notice of Intent to Move
- Complaint to Neighbor
- Tenant’s Notice of Unhealthy and Unsafe Conditions
- Notice of Exercise of Option to Purchase
- CDC Eviction Declaration Form
Family and Personal
Rocket Lawyer‘s legal document services also cover a wide variety of family and personal situations.
Preparing for Estate Planning
- Estate Planning Worksheet for Married People
- Personal Fact Sheet
- Memorial Plans
- Estate Planning Worksheet for Single People
- Estate Size Worksheet and Tax Calculator – Married
- Estate Size Worksheet and Tax Calculator – Single
Power of Attorney
- Power of Attorney
- Durable Power of Attorney
- Power of Attorney for Child
- General Power of Attorney
- Special Power of Attorney
- Military Power of Attorney
- LGBT Power of Attorney
Changing your Estate Plan
- Codicil to Will
- Revocation of Power of Attorney
- Living Trust Revocation
- Healthcare Power of Attorney – Revocation
- Advance Health Care Directive – Revocation
- Living Will Revocation
- Digital Assets Addendum to Will
- Mental Health Care Declaration and Power of Attorney Revocation
- Social Media Addendum to Will
Make a Will
- Last Will and Testament
- Complete Will
- Simple Will
- Will for Parents of Minor Children
- Pour-over Will
- Will for Parents of Adult Children
- Will for Single People with No Children
- Will for Married People with No Children
- Will for Remarried People with Adult Children
- Social Media Will
- Will for Remarried People with Minor Children
- Will for Grandparent with a Grandchildren’s Trust
- Complete Will for Same-Sex Couples
Set up a Trust
- Living Trust
- Living Trust Amendment
- Certification of Living Trust
- Joint Living Trust
- Pet Trust
- College Education Trust
- Trust Letter to Bank or Broker
- Individual Living Trust Funding Worksheet
- Bill of Transfer for Living Trust
- Trust Letter to Mortgage Lender
- Joint Living Trust Funding Worksheet
- Digital Asset Trust
- Special Needs Trust
- Affidavit of Heirship
- Letter of Appointment of Executor
- Small Estate Affidavit
- Affidavit of Death
- Affidavit of Domicile
- Estate Administration Worksheet
- Affidavit of Survivorship
- Death Certificate Request Letter
- Notice of Creditors
- Notice of Death
- Bank Confirmation Letter
- Notice to Heirs
- Stock Power
- Employee Death Benefits Letter
- Life Insurance Proceeds Letter
- Trust Administration Worksheet
- Survivor Checklist
- Receipts and Disbursements
- Notice of Death to an Insurance Company
- Broker Confirmation Letter
Health and Medical
- Healthcare decisions
- Medical records and insurance claims
- Personal injury
- Childcare and elder care
- Custody and child support
- Consumer protection
- Identity theft
- Debt and bankruptcy
- Bank accounts
- Credit cards
- Government benefits
- Buying or selling a used car
- Buying or selling property
General Legal Matters
- Affidavits and statements
- Information requests
- Lawsuits and dispute resolution
How Much Are These Legal Documents?
For nonmembers, each legal document that you need to select and complete will cost you $39.99 per document. However, as a premium member, you would pay $39.99 each month which includes full access to all of Rocket Lawyer's documents, with no added costs.
Our Assessment of Rocket Lawyer's Legal Documents
Value – 7/10
Both Rocket Lawyer's one-off document access fee and their monthly subscription fee for access to all their legal documents are $39.99, meaning it'll cost you the same to get one document or all of them.
The price of their one-off access is slightly higher than some providers but their monthly access fee for their full catalog is in line with all other providers, with only LegalNature offering a cheaper option.
Product/Service Offerings – 8.5/10
Rocket Lawyer offers a comprehensive list of legal documents that span a large range of categories as can be seen from the above list.
While that list is comprehensive, it's not a massive outlier in the online legal services community with many other organisations offering a similar range of customisable documents.
Customer Support – 8.5/10
Rocket Lawyer's legal document customer service is the standout feature of their document service. When you get on the phone, you don't end up at a help desk with an untrained call center representative. You speak to an actual lawyer who can provide accurate legal advice.
While they're not the most polite, courteous, or efficient customer service team we spoke to, they are certainly very well qualified and provide excellent (and legally accurate) advice.
Ease of Use – 8/10
Navigating the website’s Legal Documents section is quite easy. The categories are broad and then splay into very specific sections, which are easily identifiable once you know what you are looking for.
Once you are on the specific document’s page, there is an entire Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) section dedicated to your particular legal query, which answers questions related to the topic and guides you on what kind of information you need to provide.
This feature ensures that you are making use of the most appropriate documents to assist with your legal document needs; this definitely provides you with ease of use.
Furthermore, if you are searching for a specific document, it is possible to find it easily through the site’s search feature.
Our Overall Rating – 8/10
Rocket Lawyer offers a wide range of legal documents that are easy to customise, sign, and store in your online portal. At $39.99 per month, they're the same price as most other online legal document providers, with only one other provider offering a cheaper option.
When you add in the other benefits offered by Rocket Lawyer for their $39.99 per month subscription, it makes them an easy choice for online legal documents.
What Others Are Saying
People are most impressed with the number of different topics that the legal documents cover, and how professionally compiled these documents are.
Many reviewers are also pleased with the home state-specific legal services that they offer. Many reviewers are also impressed about how fast and efficiently it goes from nothing to a completed final document.
There is no Google info-box when searching for Rocket Lawyer and thus no reviews.
Rocket Lawyer's Facebook page doesn’t have a dedicated reviews section.
Better Business Bureau
Rocket Lawyer is scored an A+ by the Better Business Bureau, with customer reviews scoring a 4.18 out of 5.
There are no complaints about the actual legal documents.
Service 2: Attorney Services
On top of Rocket Lawyer‘s legal document services, they also provide attorney services.
Rocket Lawyer: Attorney Services Basics
Rocket Lawyer provides a service whereby you can seek legal advice within minutes by typing in your legal questions and sending it to Rocket Lawyer. Their team of specialized lawyers rapidly analyzes your questions and formulates a response.
What Attorney Services Does Rocket Lawyer Provide?
Rocket Lawyer has specialized lawyers on-hand to assist and take care with legal help on a range of different topics. Topics they cover range from Family Law, to Starting a Business, to Personal Injuries and so many more.
The selling point of their Attorneys Services is that the service is quick and on-demand as it is all done online, enabling you to get the guidance and answers you seek and then be on your way.
How Much Are Attorney Services?
If you are a one time client, their Attorney Services are broken down into different sections, each with its own price which is as follows:
- Document Defense® on Rocket Lawyer documents – $9.99
- Ask a Lawyer your legal questions – $49.99
- 30-minute consultation on every new legal matter – $59.99
However, if you are a premium user, you would just pay $39.99 each month which includes all of the above services at no additional cost. Moreover, the premium package also gives you a 40% discount when you hire a Rocket Lawyer On Call® attorney – which is not available for non-members.
Our Assessment Of Rocket Lawyer's Attorney Services
Value – 10/10
Rocket Lawyer leads the industry in terms of value when it comes to attorney services. Being able to consult with an attorney whenever a new legal issue arrises while only paying $39.99 per month is as crazy as it sounds.
Most attorneys charge upwards of $300 per hour and even the other subscription attorney services are a minimum of $49.99 per month.
At $39.99 per month, these are the cheapest attorney consultations you'll find anywhere.
Product/Service Offerings – 9/10
Rocket Lawyer boasts of being able to answer any and all legal questions you might have and my review of the data and other online reviews suggests that they can live up to that claim.
Although I haven't personally asked them about specific legal sitautions that cover every single possible area of law, I couldn't find a single review from a customer who had a legal question with which they weren't able to get sound legal advice.
Customer Support – 8/10
Their customer service is great because Rocket Lawyer has set up a “live chat” facility in their legal queries section, the respective lawyer ensures that they respond to you in a fast and efficient manner, or you can send them an email.
Apart from being quick, they do engage in a dialogue with you to ascertain all the relevant information from you and thus guiding you along the way.
Ease of Use – 7.5/10
Using the Attorney Services is very straightforward and easy to understand. There is an open chatbox for you to submit your legal query with the emphasis that you will get feedback as soon as possible.
There is even a simple diagram that shows you the process of how this all works, which really breaks it all down for you, ensuring that asking a legal query is as painless and simple as possible.
Our Overall Rating – 8.63/10
Rocket Lawyer leads the online legal services industry with their online attorney services. They're not only the cheapest on the market, but will answer any legal question you have related to every new legal issue you face, for just $39.99 per month.
What Others Are Saying
On TrustPilot, there are many good reviews of the Rocket Lawyer Attorney Services with many expressing that it’s basically like having one’s own “on-call attorney.”
Not only do you get an attorney on demand, but the attorneys go the extra mile to help and explain all technical jargon to their customers, making their service accessible to more people.
There is no Google info-box when searching for Rocket Lawyer, and thus no reviews.
Rocket Lawyer's Facebook page doesn’t have a dedicated reviews section.
Better Business Bureau
Rocket Lawyer is scored an A+ by the Better Business Bureau with customer reviews scoring the service a 4.18 out of 5.
Some of the negative comments have a lot to do with simple miscommunications which are promptly resolved by the team, which in turn leaves most of the customers satisfied.
Overall, the review of Attorney Services of Rocket Lawyer is a great service. Their representatives aim to take care of all your questions and queries when you hit a brick wall in your businesses and personal life and need to seek guidance and assistance on the legal matters pertaining to these.
One reviewer notes just how commendable their service is, as it managed to aid in all their legal dilemmas.
Service 3: Business Services
The final feather in Rocket Lawyer‘s cap is business services.
Rocket Lawyer: For Business Basics
Rocket Lawyer does also offer guidance and help with those who have their own established companies or who want to form an LLC and incorporate. These services take place in the form of the provision of the business-related legal documents as previously listed above, and they include incorporation filing as well as a registered agent service.
What For Business Services Does Rocket Lawyer Do?
Here are the two “For Business” services that Rocket Lawyer provides:
All you have to do is tell Rocket Lawyer more about your business or businesses and they do all the paperwork. What’s more, the specialists go through the entire process with you, making it as easy and painless as possible.
Registered Agent Service
Every business requires a registered agent as a point of contact in the state in which it is formed. Rocket lawyer can be that point of contact if you subscribe to their registered agent service as they offer this service in all 50 states.
How Much Are the For Business Services?
The “For Business” services that Rocket Lawyer provides are broken down as follows:
- Incorporation filing (also called LLC formation services) for $99.99
- Registered Agent service for $149.99
However, if you are a premium member paying $39.99 a month, the incorporation filing is free for new members, and then 25% off after that for any new incorporation service you may need help with. The Rocket Lawyer LLC pricing plan is a standard package and price.
Moreover, the registered agent service is also 25% off once you are a registered premium user.
Our Assessment for Rocket Lawyer's Business Services
Value – 4/10
The incorporation filing is more than double the cost of our best LLC formation service ZenBusiness. While they're definitely not the most expensive LLC formation option, they're far from being the best value.
Their registered agent service is not badly priced, with the cheapest option on the market being $99 per year, but when you consider that our top pick for the best registered agent service is $125 per year and they provide far more value than Rocket Lawyer, their services are definitely overpriced.
Product/Service Offerings – 5/10
Their LLC formation service is not only double the price of ZenBusiness, Rocket Lawyer also provide less value at that price point.
They don't provide assistance with your operating agreement, a free year of their registered agent service, or a consultation with an accountant to assist in establishing your accounting structure—all of which are provided in ZenBusiness' basic package.
Their registered agent services also fall well short of the industry leaders Harbor Compliance.
While they do provide your physical address in your chosen state as well as a statutory agent capable of accepting important legal notifications, they will only upload your important legal documents, they don't alert you to important upcoming compliance deadlines, and their customer support will only answer your registered agent questions.
When you compare that with Harbor Compliance, that will upload and forward ALL received mail, alert you to important upcoming compliance deadlines, and whose customer support team will not only answer your registered agent questions, but also answer any small business questions, the gap between the two companies is stark.
Customer Support – 7/10
Rocket Lawyer‘s customer support is… fine.
Their support team is knowledgeable, experienced, and legally qualified which means they can answer your legal questions. While they're not the most patient and polite and they definitely won't step out of their assigned responsibilities to provide additional support, they will guide you through any challenges you face.
Ease of Use – 8/10
Both the process of forming an LLC and making use of their registered agent service are relatively easy to use – as the site simply requires you to answer a few questions while the paperwork is handled.
This simplicity of the site makes it very easy to use and navigate which allows you to focus on your important matters without getting lost on the way.
Our Overall Rating – 5.75/10
The LLC formation package that is on offer by Rocket Lawyer is not bad as it clearly states what it sets out to do, however, their competitors do have more in-depth LLC formation packages that may be more suited to a person who wants to start and tailor their own LLC.
Rocket Lawyer’s registered agent service is fully compliant with all state requirements and they have assisted thousands of customers, however, the price point may be a bit steep for many people who do not take the premium membership option so might not be best for you if you are looking for value for money which you may be able to get elsewhere.
What Others Are Saying
People are satisfied with the incorporation services that are provided by Rocket Lawyer.
There is no Google info-box when searching for Rocket Lawyer, and thus no reviews.
There is not a dedicated reviews section on Rocket Lawyer's Facebook page.
Better Business Bureau
Rocket Lawyer scores an A+ by the Better Business Bureau with customer reviews scoring the service a 4.18 out of 5.
There have been complaints that Rocket Lawyer has charged its consumers year-on-year for incorporation services without the proper authorization from their consumers. However, these few issues are resolved by the representatives from the company, and the reviewer is satisfied.
Overall, Rocket Lawyer reviews are mostly in their favor. Their representatives are always available for any legal help as well as being there for any general queries or issues for its consumers and make sure that all work done is professional and correct.
Frequently Asked Questions
Which Is the Best Rocket Lawyer Package?
Rocket Lawyer offers one subscription package at the price of $39.99 per month. It is better to subscribe rather than use them once because all their legal documents cost a minimum of $39.99, and asking their attorneys questions starts at $49.99 per question.
The premium member subscription package encompasses all of this. Furthermore, there is the added free trial which you can make use of.
Is There a Promo Code or Discount for Rocket Lawyer?
Rocket Lawyer offers a seven-day free trial for their services which includes just about all their products, and you can cancel at any time. Once you are a paying premium member, there are discounts given on two of their services, namely up to 40% discount when you hire a Rocket Lawyer On Call® attorney, 25% off incorporation filing, and 25% off the Registered Agent service.
Is Rocket Lawyer Legit?
Yes, Rocket Lawyer is a company that was founded in 2008. It is also GoDaddy accredited and has a BBB A+ Rating.
How Does Rocket Lawyer Compare with Other LLC Services?
If you are looking for the best LLC service, there are other competitors who cater solely for LLC services compared with Rocket Lawyer, which just provides a basic, standard approach.
Does Rocket Lawyer Handle New York Publication Requirements?
Yes, Rocket Lawyer does assist with the formation and establishment of newspaper notices.
Does Rocket Lawyer Have Good Customer Support?
Rocket Lawyer has really good customer service, as they are always available and on-call to make sure that they provide a good customer experience. They have assisted over 20 million different customers and have many positive reviews regarding their experience.
Can I Form an LLC on My Own?
In order to create an LLC formation, you need to follow the templates provided by Rocket Lawyer’s incorporation service – they handle all the paperwork while you provide the information about your small business or businesses.
Do They Have a Refund Policy?
Rocket Lawyer allows you to revoke your membership at any time, and also gives the option of receiving a prorated refund on your credit card for the remaining time that you have not used.
Nonmembers who need a refund on a single service will have to put in a request within 30 days of purchase. Moreover, refunds are not permitted for incorporation services. There is also the option of just testing out the free trial on offer and then canceling at the end of those seven days, if you do not wish to commit as a full buyer.
Should I Reserve My LLC Name Before Forming an LLC with Rocket Lawyer?
No, Rocket Lawyer will take care of the entire LLC formation process and it will all be in your own name, with all your rights reserved. They will also assist in creating your business name.
Can I Form an LLC Without Physically Being in the United States?
Yes. You do not have to physically be in the United States to create an LLC.
What Are the Rocket Lawyer Customer Support Phone Number and Email Address?
Rocket Lawyer is available on this number (877) 881-0947 Monday–Friday, 6 a.m.–6 p.m. and are available via email at email@example.com.
Does Rocket Lawyer Sell or Share My Information with Third Parties?
Rocket Lawyer does not sell your information to third parties. However, as a buyer, your information is disclosed to third parties, such as service providers. Moreover, Rocket Lawyer has implemented safeguards with third parties to ensure that your personal information is protected. Rocket Lawyer may send an email through their marketing efforts from their third party partners but only with your consent.
I’ve Heard LegalZoom Has a Lot of Upsells. Does Rocket Lawyer?
Rocket Lawyer does not have upsells like that of LegalZoom. As a buyer, you will be given the option of just one premium subscription package that encompasses all services.
How Quickly Does Rocket Lawyer Process Legal Documents?
The legal documents are processed fairly quickly, depending on what kind of document is needed and how much information is required. However, most customers are generally satisfied with the turnaround times of needed legal documents.
How Quickly Does Rocket Lawyer Process Attorney Services?
The attorney services part of Rocket Lawyer boasts an almost “live chat” feature where you can ask a lawyer who is currently online your legal questions, thus ensuring that your queries and questions are answered speedily.