Google has begun structuring search results to reward sites that include video. According to Forrester Research, any video in an index of searched keywords has a 53 times greater chance of appearing on the first page of search results than a text page.
In general, Google tends to use video results for these types of keywords:
How-to keywords (“how to make a video”), Reviews (“HP laptop reviews”), Tutorials (“Online video tutorials”), Anything fitness or sports related (“Training for a marathon”), and Funny videos (“Animals, babies, pet tricks, stupid human tricks”).
32 Video Marketing Stats:**
1. Videos increase people’s understanding of your product or service by 74%.
2. YouTube alone has more than 4 billion views per day, and it’s the second-largest search engine, right after Google (which owns YouTube).
3. A third of all online activity is spent watching video.
4. The average internet user is exposed to an average of 32.2 videos in a month.
5. Every day 100 million internet users watch an online video.
6. 50% of users watch business related videos on YouTube once a week.
7. 75% of users visit the marketer’s web site after viewing a video.
8. 75% of executives watch work-related videos on business web sites at least once a week.
9. An average user spends 16 minutes 49 seconds watching online video ads every month.
10. 80% of internet users remember the video ads they watch online.
11. 26% of internet users look for more information after viewing a video ad.
12. 22% of internet users visit the web site named in a video ad they viewed.
13. After visiting a video ad, 12% of viewers purchase the specific product featured in the ad.
14. Web site visitors are 64% more likely to buy a product on an online retail site after watching a video.
15. Real estate listings with videos receive 403% more inquiries than those without videos.
16. Click-through rates increase 2-3 times when marketers include a video in an e-mail.
17. Subscriber to lead conversation rates increase 51% when video is included in e-mail marketing campaign.
18. 80% of your online visitors will watch a video, while only 20% will actually read content in its entirety.
19. Your web site is 53 times more likely to appear on the first page of a search engine results page if it includes video.
20. In 30 days more video content is uploaded than all three major U.S. TV Networks combined have created in 30 years.
21. 90% of users say that seeing a video about a product is helpful in the decision process.
22. 45.5% of internet users view at least one video online over the course of a month.
23. 45% of viewers will stop watching a video after 1 minute & 60% by 2 minutes.
24. 72 Hours of video are uploaded to YouTube every minute.
25. An introductory company e-mail that includes a video receives an increase click-through rate by 96%.
26. Videos are more likely to be passed and shared than text-based pages.
27. Video results have appeared in almost 70% of the top 100 search listing on Google in 2012 (Marketing Week).
28. MOZ concludes that posts with videos included will attract 3 times more in-linking domains than a plain text post.
29. Econsultancy estimates videos in universal search results have a 41% higher click-through rate than plain-text results.
30. More than 60% of consumers will spend at least two minutes watching a video that educates them about a product they plan to purchase. (MarketingCharts.com).
31. 34% of apparel shoppers are more likely to purchase after viewing an online video ad, versus 16% after watching an ad on TV. (ReelSEO).
32. Online video now accounts for 50% of all mobile traffic and up to 69% of traffic on certain networks (Bytemobile Mobile Analytics Report)
**Facts via QuickSprout, InSivia, and DigitalSherpa
Properly produced videos captivate the user. Instead of navigating, scrolling and clicking to access information, the video is a one-stop shop. Watching a video takes less energy and removes the hassle of reading and the user stays engaged until he or she is ready to follow an embedded call-to-action.
Today’s automated video production platforms direct visual and auditory calls-to-action that guide the viewer to your web site or the all important shopping cart. Video is just one click away from the ‘buy’ button.
There are several ways to produce your marketing videos. You can hire a professional video production company with varying costs levels depending on your requirements and budget. You can produce your own videos online. Several sites can be found online. You can purchase video production software with varying price points that will meet your specific requirements. You can even produce marketing videos with your smartphone which can be very effective to sell products and services and generate web site traffic.
Do you have any experience creating and/or marketing videos for your business? Please share your comments below!