Here are 10 easy steps for creating the right content schedule for your website:
- Start with the keywords that you’re targeting on your website. These are the short phrases that your customers use when searching for your products or services online.
- Brainstorm and write short (300 – 500 words) articles that focus on your keyword topics. Each article should focus on one keyword topic. Create one new website page for each new article.
- Optimize your new pages by following BoostSuite’s suggestions.
- Enable your Facebook social commenting or Disqus social commenting feature to the article pages to encourage social discussion and distribution.
- Group similar article pages together in your site.
- Make sure your newly launched pages are added to your website’s RSS Feed.
- Encourage your visitors to subscribe to your RSS feed by providing them with a link at the bottom of the article or within the text so that they can easily find your RSS Feed URL.
- Announce your new article to all of your social media outlets (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.) by posting a new page URL as a shared link within your social network account.
- Measure the response by reviewing changes in your website’s visitor quantity, visitor quality, and conversions on your BoostSuite dashboard.
- Adapt and change your message to be more relevant in future articles.
Repeat steps 1 through 10 on a weekly basis to make sure you’re keeping your website’s content fresh, relevant, and dynamic.
Not all articles have to be written from scratch either. Here are 6 common unknown sources of web content to keep in mind that you might already be creating each week or each month within your business.
- Calendar of Events
- Printable Marketing Brochures
- Product Brochures and Manuals
- Press Releases
- Email Newsletters
Finally, if you do not have enough time to dedicate to a content schedule, consider having an intern or another employee take over the responsibility. Your online marketing efforts should be near the top of your priority list if you’re hoping to grow your business. Online marketing is proven to be one of the most cost-effective ways to acquire new customers for your business.
You simply cannot afford to run a static website with stale content that has not been updated in a long period of time. Regular website visitors, as well as the search engines, don’t consider static websites to have any authority… and then before you know it, your website will slip out of sight, out of the search engines results pages.
Don’t let this happen to you. Get started today!
After wasting more hours than I care to admit trying to find the right help for my two businesses, I decided there had to be an easier way to get the support small business owners need. The advice was either WAY overpriced or of such low quality that it served no practical benefit so I decided to create my own website to provide information the way I would have wanted it. This is how BoostSuite came to be. I hope it helps you as much as it would have helped me.